About The Project
This project is part of research made in the Technion, the Israel institute of technology, Electrical Engineering faculty, Computer Graphics and Multimedia Lab.
The Project Goal is to research Second Life Open Source code, published by Linden Lab company, at the following topics:
1. Successfully compile the game source code.
2. Finding the avatar definition and changing the
avatar in the viewer.
3. Finding the important function in the game code that
responsible to the objects in the game and
understanding how they works.
The project main result
- Compilation instruction are located at the source code
documentation web hosted by Wikipedia.
We have successfully compiled the game only on
visual studio 2005, on visual studio 2008 the
- The avatar look is defined by two XML files:
The file located in:
- The object color in the viewer is defined by the
function setTEColor which located in the file
llprimitive.cpp. This function is very useful for
controlling object colors.
- The main function that handles object is
This function gets an object ID, find or create this
object and modifying it.
This function is the key function for changing objects
in the game during there creation.
Our names are Batel Bibas and Eliran Cohen. We are a 4th year students for Computer Engineering degree.
We would like to thank Michael Kolomenkin, the Supervisor of the project and to Hovav Gazit the laboratory engineer, for giving us support and helping us during the project.